The Georgia Caspermeyer's: From Belgium to South Florida!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Goddard School

As most of you know, Grace goes to school. I refuse to use the D word. Makes me feel better about the whole experience. And THAT is what matters most. :)

Everyday we get a report of how Grace did. It covers the basics about eating, napping and diapers.

Click the picture to enlarge so you can see the detail better.

As you can see, Grace had a GREAT afternoon nap yesterday. We are making great strides in the nap department. The lead teacher told Matt yesterday how great Grace is at nap time. Most kids require rocking, swinging, etc. to nap. They can (and we can too) lay Grace down in her crib when she shows signs of being tired and she'll go to sleep. At home during nap time, she has Belgium Bunny by her side, which she sucks on his ears and drifts off to La La Land. Usually we turn her mobile on for her too. APPARENTLY at school, they give her the pacifier and she goes to sleep. I'm not sure how I feel about that. She doesn't/won't take a pacifier from us at home. I can't even remember the last time we gave her one. And when we did, she gnawed on it and spit it out.

As you can also see, we had an especially poopy day yesterday. I refuse to blog about it, but lets just say Grace will never be given prunes again. And we're on the road to recovery from a bad diaper rash.

But it also includes lesson plans for the day. The first day I saw the lesson plans, I thought it was for the whole WEEK. But it changes every day.

Click the picture to enlarge so you can see the detail better.

I'm not naive enough to think that they do all of this every day with every kid, but they work around naps and eating and get a lot of this in most days.

Anyway, I know I've mentioned the lesson plans to some of my faithful blog followers, and because Melissa made me, thought I would post them for all to see.

2 comments:

Lori said...

y'all are cracking me up with your daily sheet posts :).

Love the lesson plans. I hope Kate's new 'school' (which is also a Goddard) is as put together! I know the 2 year olds in her new class all can recognize each letter of the alphabet. At 2!!! Definitely feel free to call it school :)

Dailings said...

Wow - a much more advanced "school" than the girls had. That's great that they do this!