The Georgia Caspermeyer's: From Belgium to South Florida!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

3 year and 9 month stats, respectively....

This was Grace's first exam by her new doctor.  Although she has accompanied us for Audrey's visits, she has not had to go on her own until now.

Weight:  16.260 kg  - 75th - 90th percentile - roughly 36lbs.
Height:  100cm - 90th percentile - roughly 39.4 inches
Head:  50.5 cm - 90th percentile.

In a year, she has grown 3 inches, gained 6 pounds, and her head has grown 1 centimeter.  Her blood pressure was 85/55 and everything else checked out normal.   They didn't do BMI.  I don't think that is protocol here. 

Now we just need to schedule a check up with the dentist and the ophthalmologist.  Her old doctor did an eye exam at the office, but this one does not, so we'll have to do that separately.

Audrey is an old pro at the doctor now.

Weight:  7.370 kg = 10th percentile = 16.25lbs.
Height:  70cm = 50th percentile = roughly 27.6 inches
Head:  45 cm = 50th - 75th percentile.

In a little over 3 months, Audrey has gained about 2.5lbs., grown 2 inches, and her little head is up 2 cm.  I really thought she would have been up more in the pounds department.  Based on my CDC growth charts, she is in the 10th percentile for weight.  But the doctor doesn't use the CDC charts.  I believe hers are from the World Health Organization, and it shows her in the 25th percentile.  The doctor is perfectly satisfied with her growth.

It's weird to have two little girls on opposite ends of the spectrum.  You can't help but compare.  But if the doctor isn't worried, then I'm not going to be either.  Besides....I have bigger things to worry about.  Like, how to keep her from sending us all to the emergency room.  This little girl is a MONKEY.  She is all over the place.  On everything, into everything and trying to climb everything.  Which is also the opposite end of the spectrum from how Grace was at this age, too.  Last night, she pulled herself up into Grace's Land of Nod chair, stood up, and tipped the chair over and face planted onto the hardwood floors.  I immediately noticed a swollen lip and a small cut above her lip - maybe she bit it?!  Not sure.  But later, I noticed her nose swelling and turning purple.  :(  I was so worried about it being broken.  The doctor (and Dr. Alley) assured me that it was very unlikely she could have broken her nose.  She told me to go to the pharmacy and get this gel that relieves swelling and bruising.  We may walk down there today before music class if we have time and weather permits.  The pack-n-play has reappeared as a play pen for when I can not control her.  I'm also borrowing a play yard from a friend tomorrow.  She is just dangerous!  She loves pulling up on the oven handle!  I don't know how to stop that.  I tell her no, and have started to smack her hand.  And by smack, I mean tap hardly with one of my fingers.  But you would have thought I busted out the wooden spoon.  She immediately sticks out her bottom lip and huge crocodile tears flood out of her eyes.  And then she does it again!!!  She is going to wear me out!!

Thank God for NO shots for either girl.  I don't think I could have handled it, let alone them.  :)

2 comments:

Emily O said...

It is hard not to compare, but you are so right...if the Dr isn't worried, then you should try not to worry too! It sounds like they are both growing just fine at their own speed. It sounds like Audrey is a on her way to being a perfect wonderful tom-boy :-) Love ya!

Lori said...

you are right, Audrey and Liza ARE soul sisters!!