The Georgia Caspermeyer's: From Belgium to South Florida!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Praying

In January we started practicing saying our prayers with Grace at bedtime.  We are using a prayer from my Mom's childhood.  Within a few weeks Grace had it memorized, and here she is reciting it, with a slight modification to reflect that it is not night time.


Words:
Dear God, I bow my head in prayer to thank you for your love and care.  For flowers that bloom, for birds that sing, for brooks and trees and everything.  I know that you are always near, so day and night I have no fear.  I shall be thoughtful, kind and good and try to do the things I should.  Watch over me till mornings light, this is my prayer dear God, goodnight.

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Missy! said...

First of yay...it looks like your blog is finally letting me comment. It has been dissing me recently!!

Second that is the most precious thing ever!!! Sounds like Audrey was trying to recite it in the background!!!

Love that prayer!! Cannot wait for Parker to learn it!

krousehouse said...

I love that prayer!

The Kottkamp's said...

Love that prayer...we might have to steal it. What a big girl Grace has become!

Granny said...

Your New York Great Granny would be so pleased!