The Georgia Caspermeyer's: From Belgium to South Florida!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Rapunzel Party!

Grace wanted a Rapunzel party!  No if's, and's or but's about it.

So last summer when we were in the States, I bought the Princess Barbie cake pan to attempt a Rapunzel cake.  Well.....  she doesn't really look like Rapunzel....  and I wasn't able to get any darker purple fondant, so I just threw in the towel and went with a plain old Princess, instead.


I think I like her hair do the best.  I didn't enjoy working with fondant.  It may have been the brand, but it seemed to dry out really quickly.  It was cracking everywhere. 

I hung purple bunting with suns everywhere.  Handmade.  No purple bunting to be found anywhere in Belgium!  I was soooooo thankful to find the sun paper punch, though!




 Pascal party blowers.   So cute.  But I wish they had been SILENT. :)


Rapunzel braids for each little princess.  We attached them to crowns that each little girl decorated.


Singing happy birthday....and a shot of the jello treats.  It was supposed to be blue jello to look like water, and an orange slice to look like a boat, to replicate when Flynn took Rapunzel on the boat to look at the lanterns.  Jello is not readily available in Belgium.  I had a friend look for me at the commissary at the military base, but they didn't have any blue.  So I tried to turn green jello blue.....not very successful.


All the pretty princesses.  We invited the girls from Grace's class, plus a few non-school friends.  
They all wore their princess best!

 

Grace had a really wonderful time.  Mommy needs a nap!  :)

No comments: