
Last Friday, conveniently the Friday before a nice, long holiday weekend, Grace was sent home from school with pink eye. I was very mad, sad, angry that my sweet little innocent 4 month old was infected. And I suspect who the culprit is/was. Jacob. Mr. Happy 10 Month Old walker in her class that can not leave Miss Grace alone.
So we spent the long weekend trying to keep her from rubbing her eyes and administering drops.... wisely, most of our friends with young children declined our company for the weekend.
By Sunday, and most definitely on Monday everything looked clear in both eyes - she had spread it to her other eye on Saturday by rubbing.
We kept up with the drops for the full 5 days in both eyes. But yesterday when I went to pick her up from school her eye was all goopy again. :(
So my sick baby is home with me today. Her eye looks better today, but I know that I would appreciate other Mom's keeping their little ones home when there is a chance of infecting others. Not that I'm expecting any of them to actually follow my example....
At least she's a happy sick baby.

And thankfully, after practically the entire time Grace has been in school of expressing concern about Jacob being in the infant room, he's being moved to the next class. Hopefully this will put an end to pink eye from him. On to the next ailment and the next mobile baby lovin' on Miss Grace.
1 comment:
Ugh, that would make me mad too! I'm glad she's doing better though and hopefully back to normal by tomorrow!
Post a Comment