
Pictures this month brought to you by Goldfish!
I can't believe we're one month away from the big birthday!
And the monthly list of things accomplished will end at that point. It's becoming increasingly difficult to come up with that many things....meaningful things to the general audience, at least.
So here we go with 11 things about Grace this month:
1. All she wants for Christmas are her two front teeth. Her top two have finally popped through and should be almost fully there for Christmas. So we have 4 teeth now.
2. We're sending table food for lunch at school. So any appropriate lunch table food ideas would be greatly appreciated. So far we've sent Mac-n-Cheese (homemade with some butternut squash sneaked/snuck (?) in), green beans, cooked carrots, chicken, fruit cups, cheese and today... a hummus sandwich! HA! Help. When she moves up to the next class, she'll be on the meal plan.
3. Scooting everywhere. Loves to reach out and touch the fireplace tools. No, no, no. And we've locked the TV cabinet. The rearranging of CDs and DVDs got old. I need to redo the kitchen cabinets to remove the breakable stuff from Grace height.
4. Taking steps. Walks herself in closer to the coffee table, holding on. No side stepping yet. Video of this in a previous post, but we're practicing morning and night.
5. Not much happening in the pulling up department. Need to work on this. I actually wrote #5 this morning, and what do you know....this evening we had some improved pulling up action. Once trying to get something off the coffee table, she got up on her knees. The second time she practically crawled on my lap trying to grab my laptop while I was showing her the Elf video, which she loved!
6. Moved to the big girl car seat. We held on for a long, long, long, maybe too long time on the infant carrier. But so much easier if she fell asleep in the car. Now if she falls asleep, we're having to cut errands and activities short. And hope that we can get her out of the car and hat and coat and into her bed to continue her nap.
7. Points at everything. EVERYTHING. We try to tell her what she's pointing at. I think this is a pretty good sign in the language development department.
8. Speaking of pointing, if I ask her where the Christmas Tree is, she will point to it. We have two trees this year, and knows both well. But when I asked her where the Christmas Tree was at school yesterday, there was some confusion until I showed her.
9. We think we are on the verge of cutting out the night time bottle. She has gone to bed without it twice. And most nights she is only taking 1-2 oz.
10. We are trying whole milk with dinner. Just about an oz or two in her sippy cup. She doesn't seem to care one way or the other about it.
11. Gets very, very upset when told 'no' or talked to with a stern voice. Automatic tears. The manipulation begins....
We're looking forward to celebrating our first Christmas as a family of three. Prepare yourself for frequent blog updates! Including a Santa re-visit. I want a better picture!!
1 comment:
1 more month Grace and you will be 1 years old finally!! Congratulations!! See you all this weekend!!
Megan
Post a Comment