We found a doctor, so we're going tomorrow.... calculators ready, so we can convert kilograms to pounds and centimeters to inches!
4 Things about Miss Audrey:
1. Sleep became almost intolerable this past month. We went from 11 hour nights to up almost every 2 hours. Not nice. So we started some sleeping training. Babies at this age should be able to sleep/go without eating at least 6 hours at night. So, I'm trying to put her to bed drowsy, and not sound asleep and then if she starts fussing, only going in every 5 minutes and patting her, not picking her up. It's going ok. Last night, she gave a lovely 30 minute performance at midnight. But then slept till 4am.
2. As a part of the sleep training, Audrey is learning to self soothe. Her method of choice? Her thumb or pointer finger, directly in her mouth, ferociously sucking. I would have NEVER let Grace suck her fingers!! But at this point with Audrey, if it makes her happy, and stops the screaming...I say GO FOR IT! We'll deal with the consequences later.
3. Extremely expressive. When she's angry, you know it. When she's happy, you know it. And her laugh.... it is infectious. And no one can make her laugh more then her favorite person on Earth, Grace.
4. Mover and a shaker. She does not sit still. If I lay her down in one direction, next time I go back, she'll be 180 degrees from where I left her. She's rolling quite a bit. Not continuously, but more then what I'm used to. And she is grabby, grabby, grabby. She is always trying to grab something. If she's sitting in our lap at dinner, it's our dinner plates. If she's on her play mat, she's always going after some toy, on the ground or hanging above her, or her feet. If I'm rocking her in her chair, it's the quilt hanging on the back of the chair.
4 comments:
Isn't it amazing, it must be a second child thing :) If she is like Amelia...look out :)
I can't believe she is 4 months already! Too fast Audrey, slow down!
Love all the pictures :)
Sounds like FUN :-) Love her babyleg warmers! She's so sweet...oh the things we let second children do! Miss ya!
Can't believe how big she is getting!
Ha! on the finger sucking! Hope the sleep gets better. What a wild child.
Post a Comment