Grace has her first day in her new class today! This new class is called "First Steps" and is for the babies that are a little bit more mobile and older. I think Grace is probably the least mobile of the class.... but maybe a day or two (or week or two) around some of these more advanced babies and she'll be zipping around like nobodies business. You'd be amazed how far she can scoot. And her pulling up has really increased in the last few days.
In this new class, Grace will be on the meal plan - whole wheat pizza, diced carrots, peaches, and graham crackers today! I think that is JUST lunch, and she'll also have two snacks. This in addition to the two bottles she'll still need to suck down..... I see those going (quickly) by the wayside (11 days and we're bottle free!!).....
But the big thing about this class: ONE NAP! All together. On nap mats. Yeah right. Can't wait to see/hear how that went today.
Anyway, I had drop off duty this morning. And it was 17 degrees outside!! We were so bundled up. I really needed to get a picture of her and her mittens (that she actually kept on today)! When I left her at school, she was sitting at the little table, in her chair, eating her breakfast, taking it all in. She looked happy to be back at school with some of her old friends and ready to kick of the new year in her new class.
Will post an update this evening on how the day went!
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How very exciting! She's growing up so fast. They are amazing how they transform all those kids into sleeping on matts, sitting at the table, eating altogether, it's so amazing to me. Who are the teachers in there? Used to be Ms. Sue and she's one of my very fav teachers. Anyways, i hope she had a great day!
Can't wait to hear how it went. I'm sure it will be fine. They do such a great job helping the kids transition to the meals, one naps, and on cots/mats!
ONE NAP?!?!? That is insane!! I cannot wait to see how the rest of the day went tonight!! Congratulations on starting a new class Grace! Can't wait to see her walk for us on the blog later on!
Megan
She'll be walking before you know it! You need to bring her by to visit soon and meet Maddox!
Post a Comment