The Georgia Caspermeyer's: From Belgium to South Florida!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Advent Calendar

This year, we had two Advent calendars.  One that the Rawlings gave us with cute little bears hiding behind each of the doors.  And the other was this one:

I originally saw it on a commercial while we were in France.  But when I saw it in the store (in France), it was really expensive.  Then one day, I saw it in a store in Belgium for half the price it was in France.  So it became ours.

Each day we got a new piece for our nature scene.  In typical European fashion, Santa, or St. Nicholas, or Sinterklaas came on the 6th and the Angel came on the 24th.

I think Grace really enjoyed doing it.  I know she did.  She's asked every night since the 24th if we can do the Advent calendar tonight.  We put the whole thing away this morning, but first I wanted to practice what I'm learning about taking pictures in manual mode.  My settings were, f/4, ISO 320, SS 1/15.  I have some work to do, but I'm learning.  :)

No comments: