Oh my! 4 more months till the big birthday!
So 8 things about Miss Audrey:
1. Eating. A lot. I thought her weight would be really increasing at this point based on the amount she's eating, but she's at about 16lbs. She has about half a banana for breakfast, sliced and quartered. She loves picking it up herself. She's eating a modified Belgian Baby cocktail now, since she's eating banana as a finger food. I mix two pureed pear cubes with her cookie crumbled up, and this week, a scoop of diced, cook apples thrown in. We're really moving away from purees. For dinner the past two nights she has had chicken, potato and green beans. Basically what we're eating. For lunch we're doing yogurt....or new this past week, fromage frais, which is much like yogurt, but thicker. She likes it better, I think. It's just the plain/natural flavor.
2. Still in 6 months clothes... She has one pair of pants that are 3-6 months, and they fit ok still. She's just our tiny, little girl.
3. Movement. And the amount of movement must be part of the reason why she's eating so much and not gaining a ton. She is ON THE GO. She can not sit still for too long before she is pulling up on something. She kind of half crawl, half scoots her way over to things. I think she may have thrown the towel in on crawling since it usually led to face plants. And once she's up, she stays up, and gets annoyed and bored when there is nothing to do.....she hasn't figured out how to lower herself down gracefully yet. But she has started to inch her way around when pulled up on things.
3.Sounds. So, still no ma, da, ba sounds. Although we have lots of other sounds, and some aaahh sounds. I called the doctor this week, and we talked about it for awhile, and decided that she does react to noises, and makes the aaahh sound, so we'll keep an eye on it, and she'll evaluate at 9 months at her regularly scheduled appointment. I called because she had told me at her 6 month appointment that she thought there might be a problem if no ma, ba, da by 8 months. So we shall see.
4.Waving and Clapping and Pointing. We're working on waving and clapping. And I've noticed lately that she points. I don't think it's intentional, but she does it a lot.
5. Teeth. The two evil bottom teeth are working their way in. Her gums are swollen and I can see them just below the gums.
6. Huge flirt. Makes eyes at anyone and everyone, especially strangers. And once she gets their attention, just hams it up.
7. Sleep. Night time has been kind of crummy lately. She's finally going all night again, but up early! And since her room is directly across from Grace's, we can't let her hang out in her crib too long before she gets rowdy and could wake up her sister.
8. Loves her sister. Such a wonderful thing to watch. And her sister loves her just as much.... most of the time.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment