9 Things about Grace this month:
1. First ear infection. We went to the doctor for a checkup for her pesky cough, and the doctor said her chest sounded much better but now she has an ear infection. I don't think we would have ever known. Like I've mentioned before, she plays with her ears regularly. Last time we were in the doctor's office I mentioned it, and the doctor said...."oh, it's just a habit." This time, while we were talking about the infection, the doctor goes..."look, see...she's messing with her ear now as a sign." I'm like, whaaaat, SERIOUSLY! You told me that was a habit!! I need a 'Babies for Dummies' manual, STAT.
2. She was a trooper with her medicine, both the antibiotics for the ear infection and the inhaler for the cough. Administering the inhaler soon became a fun game.... you try convincing an 8.5 month old this is fun: http://www.aerochambervhc.com/. We had the orange one. It seriously reminded me of a hamster tube.
3. Finger foods. Grace is eating green beans, carrots, baby cheetos (oh, so healthy!), bananas, grapes, potatoes, orzo, and as a special 9 month day treat, shredded chicken. She is enthused to be picking up her own food and eating it.
4. We had a tooth break through.....TODAY! How about that for timing? Could be why most of her photo shoot looked like this tonight...
And why the remote was the only thing to make her happy.
5. Her afternoon naps are almost always 1 1/2 - 2 hrs now. The morning nap averages out at right under an hour. And still sleeping well at night. Most nights. I hope I don't jinx us by writing this. I have heard her a few nights this week talking to herself at 3 or 4am, but no tears.
6. Grace holds her own bottle! She grabs it and puts it in her mouth when she wants more and swats it away when she's done.
7. No mobility...yet. Pulls up a little bit from our laps. If the wind is blowing in the right direction.
8. Grace waves. It reminds me of the hand motions from The Supreme's "Stop! In the Name of Love." She just sticks her arm and hand straight out in front of her. Occasionally there is also some arm flapping. Just depends on how excited to see you. She sometimes also includes a point with her pointer finger.
9. Lots of babbling. She does mama (a lot, I'm so lucky!), dada, buh, baba, guh, gaga, and lots of other unidentifiable sounds.
Doctor appointment tomorrow, so I'll post her stats then. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures from the past month: 9 Month Pictures
1 comment:
Yay Grace! What a great list. You are growing up so fast. Only 3 months to your birthday!!!
Post a Comment