The Georgia Caspermeyer's: From Belgium to South Florida!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Audrey is 5 Months Old!




Hard to get a good picture of Miss Little Wiggle Bottom.  She just wanted to play with and/or eat her feet!

No stats, although we do have an appointment on Monday for a make-up vaccine, so I'll probably get some then.  But here are 5 things about Miss Audrey this month.

1.  Back on track with sleeping.  Knock on wood.  Every time I mention it, we're in for a rough night, but I think we've made good progress lately.  We've been putting her to bed slightly earlier, and it seems to be making a difference.

2.  Deprived.  By 5 Months, Grace was on cereal and peas.  We just gave Audrey her first taste of cereal tonight.  I thought for some reason that we were being overly cautious with her.  But I read somewhere tonight that with your first you're so anxious to try new things, you jump in early.  With your subsequent kids you hold off on adding more things to do as long as possible.  Sounds about right.

 




3.  Roly Poly.  Rolls onto her belly quite a bit.  Doesn't really roll back to her back, though.  She also sleeps on her belly some.

4.  Thumb sucker.  Without a doubt.  It calms her right down.  And sometimes she does it when she's bored.  Oy!  Not looking forward to breaking that habit! 

5.  Much happier.  She is not that fussy anymore.  She really only fusses when she's hungry or tired, like a normal baby.  Such a difference it makes to have a happier baby.

2 comments:

Dailings said...

Can't believe how big she is!!!

Debi said...

We really pushed off trying new things with Amelia as well. I kept telling myself I did it with Gabriella, but looked back and was mistaken :)

Sounds like she is really growing up! It goes so quickly!