The Georgia Caspermeyer's: From Belgium to South Florida!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Grace-ism's

I've been trying to write this post for some time now.... it's been awhile since I've written down what Miss Grace is up to. She is now almost 33 months old. Almost 3 months until she is THREE. Wow. Time flies.

Anyway, here are some things about Grace:

Says Mines. As in ...'that is mines.' Substitutes the word my for I. Talks in nearly complete sentences.
Tells us 'in a minute' when we ask her to do something.  A lot of S words are pronounced without the S.  I think this is normal.

Learning some French.  She says Bonjour (Hello/Good Day) when we pass people on the sidewalk or in a store, etc.  We watch our French DVDs almost daily.

ACTIVE imagination! I don't know if it is because of the move, or what, but we have lots of imaginary friends running around this place. Quinn and Isabella are here all the time. I'm going to start charging those two rent. Megan, Taylor, Josh's sister Megan, and Josh are here quite a bit too. The other day, she had me getting a pink lizard out from under the oven. It promptly climbed up her arm, or so she told me. Constantly on the phone with SOMEONE. Heard her saying 'Bonjour Happa' this morning.

A girly girl, for sure.  Loves playing with her dolls and all her purses.  Interested in Mommy's makeup.  And very interested in cooking.   She has quite a few picnics/tea parties and loves making cupcakes; pretend and real.

Doing really well being left in the care of others.  I think she is desperate for friends! We have had great success leaving her at the nursery at church.  This used to be a HUGE issue in Georgia.  She would absolutely refuse to be left in the nursery.  Now it's an opportunity to play with kids, so she goes happily!  I've also left her in the nursery at the American Women's Club, happy as a clam.  We've applied to get her in school in January, so hopefully that will help her in the friend department.  Almost ALL children her age are in school.  All of the play groups and people I've met only have children under 2 home with them.

Almost completely potty trained. Only wears a diaper overnight now.


Starting to be a more focused colorer, as in attempting to actually color within the lines of a picture. She does not stay in the lines, by any means..... but it's not complete scribble haphazardly across the page, either.

Still a leftie. Even kicks the ball with her left foot.


Still taking a good 2 hour nap most days.  Sleeps well at night with a whole host of friends, but most importantly her Elephant, in her mouth.

Good eater. Breakfast is usually a bowl of Kix with milk, yogurt, banana and orange juice. Lunch is usually a sandwich (one slice of bread folded in half), and some kind of veg or fruit. And she eats whatever we're having for dinner. We have found some good animal cracker and goldfish substitutes for snack time, in addition to raisins and other fruit.  I hope we've done something right in the eating department.  She doesn't seem picky at all and is quite adventurous.  She eats escargot!  And last night we had mussels for dinner, and she was cleaning the shells out herself.

Very good, patient big sister.   Which is a must, since Miss Audrey is not very patient.

Things aren't all roses though.  We have issues with listening.  And at times she can down right rotten.   Can go into a full blown melt down over the littlest thing.  Some days are better then others; and we can go days without issues....  I hear 3s are the new 2s, so I expect that this will get worse soon.

But she really is wonderful.  It seems like every day she does something new or different that amazes us. 

1 comment:

Debi said...

Sweet Grace! I love the imagination!

We enjoyed 2 and we enjoy 4 :) Just stay positive :)